West Kype Livery
At West Kype we pride ourselves in giving all horses and ponies, whether our own or our clients, the best personal care. Your horse’s welfare is at the heart of everything we do.
We offer a wide rage of full-livery options tailored to you and your horses needs. Our stables are constructed within existing farm buildings proving ample indoor space for grooming, shoeing or clipping.
Our facilities include;
- Spacious stables with automatic waterers
- Turn out on well maintained grazing land, when weather allows
- Home grown haylage
- All weather wood chip turn out paddock
- Access to indoor school 60m x 30m
- Flood lit all-weather outdoor menage 50m x 25m
- Indoor wash bay, stocks and solarium
- Monarch horse walker
- Rug racks
- Safe hacking on quiet roads
- Weekly farrier visits
- Regular veterinary and complementary therapy visits
- Annual worming programme
- Secure heated tackroom, toilet and kitchen facilities
- Ample trailer and lorry parking
Our clients have a wide range of interest from leisure riders looking for relaxed hacking and fun activities to those regularly competing in dressage and show-jumping.
We also appreciate that many of our clients lead very busy lives, as part of the package we will deal with farrier, vet and dental visits if you wish.
The yard is visited weekly by farriers Robinson and Varini, who excel in their field. David Varini is the current Scottish, European and World Champion, Paul Robinson won the World Championship in 2008, with David reserve.
They take a particular interest in challenging cases and therapeutic issues, priding themselves in fitting hand made shoes to almost all of their clients. They are full of praise for West Kype’s wood chip winter turn out paddock which keeps the horses feet in much better condition through the winter months than those turned out in muddy fields.
We also have close links with Avondale Vet Group and have assisted them on a number of horse rehabilitation cases. The equine team has 3 dedicated equine vets with over 38yrs experience between them. They are available 24hrs a day 365 days a year providing care for horses, ponies and donkeys.
- Lameness investigation
- Digital Radiography
- Medical colic management
- Wound management
- Reproduction work including A.I.
- Ultrasound scanning of tendons, ligaments etc
- Advanced Dentistry
- Remedial farrier service
- Weight loss and poor performance investigations
- Facilties for hospitalisation and intensive care monitoring for equines ranging from miniature Shetlands and Clydesdales.
For more information on the Surgery and information newsletters on a variety of conditions see their web site at www.avondalevets.co.uk
We feel confident that we can meet the daily needs of both your and your horse and also provide a wealth of additional support, advice and activities on site. Please call us to arrange a visit and we can show you round the yard and discuss your requirements.
RUG WASH COLLECTION AND DELIVERY POINT, EVERY MONDAY, CLICK HERE FOR PRICES.